Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  May 31, 2017 12:00am-1:01am PDT

12:00 am
have a great night, our friends over at "the five" are next. good night, new york. see you tomorrow. ♪ ♪ >> hello, i'm greg gutfeld with kimberly goi full, jesse watters, and she sleeps on a combo, dana perino, "the five "the five"! ♪ now we all know kathy griffin will do anything for attention, except apparently be funny. so she has to rely on shock value to get attention from those who still think that marilyn manson is edgy. she embarrassed herself each new year's eve on cnn, alongside a giggly anderson cooper who certainly knows his. >> i don't care what he says to the russians, he is the
12:01 am
president of the united states. if he wants to say that, barack obama wants to say whatever, if george bush says i look in his eyes, whatever. >> oh, mr. cooper. so comedy is another thing, maybe why kathy griffin is embracing tragedy. what we are going to show you is disturbing, so if there are kids in the room, tell them to go get you a beer. here is griffin and a photo shoot holding a mocked decapitated head of president trump. i'm glad we put mock in there. it is not his real head. here is the behind the scenes video. >> tyler and i are not afraid to do images that make noise. look at the artist. [indistinguishable] >> just like that? >> we are going to do it. call your dad, apologize. you, me, darrell and mexico
12:02 am
today. not surviving this. okay. >> so brave, so edgy. her defense, she considers this art. it kind of reflects terms impact. i suppose i can say the same about griffin by pointing to the contact in any bus station public toilet. but if you are mentally unstable unlike griffin, you will see this for what it is. it is a beheading of the president. imagine how cnn would react if it was president obama, hillary clinton, done by someone here. brian stelter's lip would be extra sweaty if that is indeed possible. but mocked by isis, the joke is deliberately linked to those beheadings. if the joke is not only on donald's head, but on theirs as well. so sure, call it art. but we know what it is. it is a copout. you are milking attention through an infantile effort to rage. so if we get mad, you win. so we should shrug instead. i would say that she should hang
12:03 am
her head in shame, but she must know what shame is first. while we were going to the show, she has since put out an apology. would you like to see it, anybody? >> please. >> let's do that. >> hey, everybody. it is me kathy griffin, i sincerely apologize. i'm seeing the reaction of these images, i am a comic. i cross the line. i move the line. then across a. i went far. the images to disturbing. i understand how it offends people. it was not funny. i get it. i have made a lot of mistakes in my career. i will continue. ask your forgiveness. going to ask her to photographer to take down the image. i beg for your forgiveness. i went too far. i made a mistake. i was wrong. >> if you, sorry, i just jumped in there. in the monologue coming to show the video behind the scenes where she is talking to the photographer insane, call your dad, tell them we are not going to survive this. of the whole thing is manufactured.
12:04 am
free speech does not mean free of consequence. and she said, i'm going to stand by my art. she is not. she is a total wimp. she wanted to get this picture on there to have the shock value, create a firestorm, then do the apology so that she can get a ton of attention. i do not believe her at all. and i'm a pretty nice person. >> you are. >> i would be lying. >> she is very mean behind the scenes, i want everybody to know that. >> you cannot look at her in the eye when she is in the green room. she puts little labels on all the food. so, -- >> prescheduled apology? >> yes, exactly. >> she is trying to be shocking, but it feels so sad that you have to resort to this. it was preplanned. this is what, she already knew what she was doing. >> it seemed desperate. she wanted the attention. she got it. we don't know if she will pay the price for it. do people want to watch new year's on cnn and think of kathy griffin holding a bloodied
12:05 am
trump head, cnn will have to make that decision. >> no, watch fox instead. >> watch her ring in the new year. >> now you are committed. >> may be that was kathy griffin's way of getting out of this thing by doing that. >> can't stand anderson cooper, she has an excuse to leave now. i think it is more of a media story for me. because i remember some knucklehead hung obama, it was covered on cnn wall-to-wall. >> or the rodeo clown. >> he lost his job, banned for life. banned for life from the rodeo clown. >> people were fired. investigations, republicans in congress were asked to condemn it. this happens, not just some run-of-the-mill person, this is a democrat donor. a cnn host on new years. this is a big-time hollywood comic, maybe b list, but still. no one is going to cover "the new york times," i predict, not wall-to-wall on cnn. so when there is a republican
12:06 am
controversy, the media covers. and the democrats controversy, they cover it up. >> wow, i don't think so. what kathy griffin data is inexcusable. i think that it was all about getting attention coming and they were looking a different strategy, i am confirming what you said. i think from my perspective you are right. but i think that she was looking and discussing with the photographer are various ways that they could get attention. and get this kind of reaction that we get the top of our show. but let's not get into a thing of selective outrage here. at the president, president trump had ted nugent in the white house the other day. if ted nugent who has been investigated for threatening obama when obama was president. ted nugent -- >> what has he done? >> he said i want to be in jail or dead if obama is re-elected in 2012. >> we did not support him, did we? >> no, i don't know who did it, but he is in the white house now being embraced by our current
12:07 am
president. you have things like carl palladino, other guys we are talking about obamas in the most racist ways. or talking about clinton -- >> media outrages difference republican or democrat. >> we should be outraged at kathy griffin, but let's not engage with selective outrage. >> the media is engaging, i don't care what she does. she is not funny. >> we have polarized politics, inviting this kind of offensive display, and i think it should stop. >> who said that president obama, probably bill clinton, remember that a couple of years ago? get me coffee? kimberly, is this one of those things that people will forget over time? or will it affect her career? she is a liberal, therefore she has the immunity bubble quest to mark >> i don't think people should forget about it at all. i'm never going to forget about it. i think that it is disgusting and reprehensible coming and she should have apologized to the president for doing that. somebody did that with
12:08 am
president obama, got her bed. can you imagine the amount of press coverage, basically just desperate for attention. she always has been. she always will be. she is not funny. this was not funny at all. i feel bad for his family and his grandkids and people who see it, it is so disrespectful. cnn should not allow her to do the new year's eve show at all whatsoever. because her story was not good enough. it was also not sincere. it was very contrived. >> there was another idea for the photo shoot, she was going to be naked in a bathtub full of chinos, i think we got lucky on this one. [laughter] you can say is that a slam at how she looks? and i don't care? >> i think that we can say just about anything we want. >> it does not help that she think she is actually helping advance the cause, that they have better ideas than president trump and republicans, they are it actually sets them back. especially when we are dealing
12:09 am
with an enemy who uses beheadings to try and advance an ideological agenda. think about somebody like james foley, daniel pearl, these were victims in this war, and to get attention to advance an ideological agenda that is so against free speech. eventually tries to claim free speech as a reason. >> i'm not sure she was going after that. i think she may have medusa's head, that is a fame win famous mythological image. >> that's what i think. >> you are going with that? >> not that guy. >> so many words, the medusa who can -- her stare will turn into a stone. >> you don't want to go there. this is so horrible. it has nothing to do with medusa, it is isis, it is horrible. maybe she should spend some time with isis. maybe then she will have a better understanding. >> this is a pop culture story, to my mind. not even political. it is so weak.
12:10 am
the real reason that we should be outrage sitting here is this guy in portland killing people and uttering hate speech towards muslim. that is something we should be talking about. this is a pop story gone by tomorrow. >> apparently trump was a bernie sanders supporter, so a lot of interesting parts to that story, the dude was showing up at the trump rally and freak people out, they made him leave, a complete psycho. -- >> yes, we are aware of that. it is outrageous. but i'm wondering about that is it art covering everything? >> no, it is an excuse. >> i could have used that excuse. [laughter] >> remember when sarah palin had the map that had targets on it? i guess she could have said, well, that is arp. but she was saying these are the targets. but the left called it elimination us. that was the word, do you
12:11 am
remember that? >> what what i call this, ridiculous. >> i hope they cover it on the weekend, it is a cnn person, may be some of the suits that they are dealing with. we don't hear much about them, do we. >> more in lawsuits, let's be really specific here. there is more an honest merely short reports about the russian investigation in the white house, pushing back hard. we will tell you about that directly ahead. ♪
12:12 am
12:13 am
12:14 am
12:15 am
♪ >> president trump is back from his first overseas trip, dealing with a new chapter in the russia saga, trying to contain the fallout over reports that the son-in-law and see your near advisor jared kushner discussed the secret back channel with russia during the presidential transition. >> mr. kushner has volunteered what he knows about the meetings, he will do the same if he has contacted and connected with any other inquiry. i think that secretary kelly and general mcmaster have discussed that in general terms, the back channels are important in diplomacy. >> jared kushner has said that he is willing to share any
12:16 am
information that he has with congress. with the fbi. he will be fully cooperative with any information he has. >> the president has total confidence in kushner, others are casting doubt on the accuracy of the reports. >> i don't trust the story as far as i can throw it. it makes no sense that the russian ambassador would report back to moscow in a channel that he most likely knows we are moderating. the whole story line a space mistress. >> i don't trust the story. the russians are leaking it on a channel that we know we are going to pick up. we have had the back channel connections with adversaries for generations. henry kissinger had them with the russians in the chinese. hillary had a back channel to establish the opening negotiations with the iranians and want ended up as the iranian nuclear deal. this happens all the time. >> all right, so knowing that russia has a history of trying to -- basically using propaganda and fake news, is it possible
12:17 am
that the russians are making this up and leaking it to sell more chaos? >> we have always had that putin is the global prankster. it does not matter what side he is on, because he creates turmoil on both sides. that is why he is always winning. but i am thinking about this in a bigger picture, if you think about the 1980s, 37 years ago, the media was on the wrong side of the cold war. while we were sitting there talking about ussr. and how they were infiltrating in our hemisphere, trying to undermine capitalism, they were obsessed with the post- post-vietnam -- america as the loser. do you think possibly 37 years from now or around 2047 that the media will finally go, hey, the radical islam stuff is pretty dangerous coming and we will have moved on fighting robots? my point is this, the media has always been behind the times when it comes to the true threat. so right now, what i believe the trump administration has done,
12:18 am
probably naively, sloppily, and in certain ignorant ways of the process trying to go after the greater risk at the time which is the apocalyptic threat of radical islam, and that made them say, let's back channel and talk about syria, do things they are. so they made some mistakes. but the idea is bigger. while the media is focusing on russia, they are focusing on islam, and this is exactly what happened with the cold war. there are people like reagan who understood the real threats, but emilio was still licking their wounds and about vietnam and how america was at fault. >> it's interesting you bring up vietnam, i was at a commentary how the polarization that we are experiencing today in america was rooted in that conflict. this news comes amid and other personnel change with the white house commissioner announcing that he is leaving his post after three months.
12:19 am
not unprecedented, that happen in the obama administration after the three months, her name was alan? she went to commerce department right after that. but perhaps a different circumstance. they have a battle rally team ready for defense. how can they make sure that they keep the story on defense and not become the story? that's what i am thinking about today. >> i think you saw that in a different town during the press briefing today with sean spicer, not giving specifics about it in terms of -- really trying to separate that out between handling the russia story and then daily matters in terms of the press briefing. so yes, you don't want to give them any ammunition to use against you, i think that switching the change now -- it was a while coming even though that was a short tenure. that is not a surprise to me, because i was going to happen. and they really need to overhaul data chop. the president is very upset with the communications. he is frustrated with the press
12:20 am
in general, saying that again about fake news. as it relates to the russian investigation, where's the evidence of this? how did it all leak? dozens of people's names in the transition that they have asked for the names of, and now leaking different names, you see the name lead to, because he is russian, so that adds a little bit to the story. but where is the evidence there. he is cooperating fully. so this to me is really left hysteria, i don't see any evidence thus far that want to do this and spin the wheels on it, it is like flogging at the mouth over russia and making the is accusations. i see people saying walking through jared kushner, and other people. so let's see where this goes. it might be much ado about nothing. >> orwell the democrats think that it is much ado about something? >> that is poetic.
12:21 am
>> speaking of mood do so. >> know it, you are a poet. >> you are missing a big, big story. it seems to me on friday you get reports about back channel communication, on saturday and sunday you hear jared kushner had previously undisclosed contact with the russians. then you see adam schiff, the top democrat saying, you know what, we should do something about these guys. we are not sure about what he is telling and doing with the russians, that is pretty serious given that he is the president's son-in-law. >> what do you think he is doing? >> i don't know what he is doing. he is trying to jump to any concy are looking at the world and going, it is not 1977 anymore, it is 2017. >> that is not a reason to break the law. >> what law? back channels? >> no, the idea that you would do business with the russians in the base of sanctions, then promise as a private citizen, remember, not even in office,
12:22 am
and doing contact with the bankers who have been putting money into the trump empire, this raises some serious questions about how he is working. >> raising some serious questions? >> why is it sinister when hillary has a back channel with the iranians? that is not sinister? >> no, it is not. >> oh, really, so they give them all that cash? they just want to establish diplomacy, and you say, she should go to jail. >> and now they are investigating later. >> clear line, in one case she is representing the interests of the united states and trying to prevent iran from getting weapons. >> so kushner is not trying to represent the united states either? >> apparently he was trying to undo sanctions imposed by the u.s. >> so you know what is the question. maybe you are the leaker? >> i'm not the leaker, that's for sure. >> it is like 5000 papered average. you have to leave this guy out,
12:23 am
because he lost the election. >> i love this logic. i hear this from trump. trump says, oh, it is the democrats making lame excuses because they lost the election. how weak. >> you don't have any policies in washington, totally out of power, you need to cook up some reactive news -- >> let's do it like this. let's do away with obamacare, we can replace it immediately. >> what about trump when you are in the house? >> it might happen the way that trump is going. >> none of us can be the leakers. none of us know anything about any of this. we will let robert moeller investigate, we will find out more later. north korea thrived testing today for the first time, whether it can shoot down an international ballistic missile, the results are next. ♪ i didn't know where i was from ethnically. so we sent that sample off to ancestry.
12:24 am
my ancestry dna results are that i am 26% nigerian. i am just trying to learn as much as i can about my culture. i put the gele on my head and i looked into the mirror and i was trying not to cry. because it's a hat, but it's like the most important hat i've ever owned. discover the story only your dna can tell. order your kit now at ancestrydna.com.
12:25 am
parts a and b and want more coverage, guess what? you could apply for a medicare supplement insurance plan whenever you want. no enrollment window. no waiting to apply. that means now may be a great time to shop for an aarp medicare supplement insurance plan, insured by unitedhealthcare insurance company. medicare doesn't cover everything. and like all standardized medicare supplement insurance plans, these help cover some of what medicare doesn't pay. so don't wait. call now to request your free decision guide. it could help you find the aarp medicare supplement plan that works for you.
12:26 am
these types of plans have no networks, so you get to choose any doctor who accepts medicare patients. rates are competitive, and they're the only plans of their kind endorsed by aarp. remember - these plans let you apply all year round. so call today. because now's the perfect time to learn more. go long.
12:27 am
12:28 am
♪ >> welcome back, breaking news from the pentagon today. at the first time ever the military shot down a ballistic missile during a test, the new gram baked offensive system. it was tested from the air force base in california. it is an important development in our effort to deal with the threats posed by north korea, conducted nine ballistic missile tests this year. secretary james mattis has it would be a catastrophe if the threat ever escalates to war. >> conflict in north korea, john, that would probably be the worst kind of fighting in most people's lifetimes part of the north korean regime has hundreds of artillery cannons, rocket launchers within range of one of the most densely populated city is on the earth, that is the capital of south korea. the bottom line is, it would be catastrophic war if this turns into combat >> so, greg, they
12:29 am
did the test that went very well. so what i like is the fact that they jumped on it right away to try and do the defensive measure, not like having conducting meetings upon meetings to figure out if they should make the call to do this. and i think it is because it was public. north korea knows who they are dealing with. >> you guys can do that, we can do this? you know, that's it. i like general mattis. he says like it is. he says catastrophic -- to whom? i think what he is saying, this could be such an ugly big war though it would probably be very ugly for them. and i think population of about california, 25 million, so you would have to deal with this rather swiftly. i think he is giving the message to everyone around there that this will not be something that just takes a lot of time. it will be very brutal. i think he is trying to speak adult words, so that people translate and understand.
12:30 am
>> no, yeah, i am glad he plays for our team. when he was asked if people keep them awake at night, he was like no, i keep other people awake at night. >> yes, what i like about him is that he does not do drama or exaggerate. i think we should take the threat very, very seriously. and the determining factor that we were able to put forward today, basically it was the show of showing them that we will be able to knock it down. but that only last for so long. because they are continuing to progress, that means that we have to continue to progress, and the restraint is what you need. the position that you put us in. >> we needed the fbi. >> we need to bring ronald reagan back. >> everybody in california should be thanking ronald reagan for establishing start wars, because now the missile protection is going to protect california, and we are waiting for your thank you -- >> thank you. >> we will take a thank you from all of the democrats.
12:31 am
and we do not have the see interceptors on submarines, they do not have that in production yet. they do not have anything land-based, so it is like a 50/50 shot each time they intercept this thing. it is the hardest military technology and development today. so it is billions of dollars. the problem is if they successfully launch something, whether we intercept it or not, we are going to have to send over the barrage of missiles to take out every military installation immediately in north korea, do they want that? no, china does not want that. rio does not want that. unless there is a coup or something like that in north korea, there is no outcome whatsoever on the peninsula. >> i think that i see this a little bit differently, i think that trump administration and president trump may be sending a signal to china, you know, our ability to intercept despite what you think in terms of the "star wars" technology is not great. we intercept about half the time. >> i said that.
12:32 am
>> it has been 9 of $0.17 '99. >> it's still better than 0%. >> i'm saying it is better. but we do not stop them right away. and i think that the way that the trump administration is doing this is putting pressure on china. over the weekend we saw the japanese getting into this now for the first time doing business with china saying, you have to stop north korea. you have to control the situation, because what greg describes as catastrophic for the north koreans, i think that general mattis was talking about catastrophic four hour, not only our military position in south korea, but for the south korean people and for japan. >> may be for everybody. all involved. i think that was a general. oh, my gosh, perfect. stay right there. ♪
12:33 am
12:34 am
12:35 am
12:36 am
you won't see these folks at the post office. they have businesses to run. they have passions to pursue. how do they avoid trips to the post office? stamps.com mail letters, ship packages, all the services of the post office right on your computer. get a 4 week trial, plus $100 in extras including postage and a digital scale. go to stamps.com/tv and never go to the post office again.
12:37 am
♪ >> welcome back. time for the fastest 7 minutes on television. back by popular demand, three stories, 7 minutes. let's go. first up, the reason that they call james mattis mad dog, he is unstoppable. roll the tape. >> what keeps you awake at night? >> nothing, i keep other people awake at night. >> so good. can we hear it again? >> what keeps you awake at night? >> nothing, i keep other people awake at night. [laughter] >> that's what you want your defense secretary to say, right? >> but you can take it a number of different ways. [laughter] >> oh, my god. you are so whining. >> i'm trying to figure out a different way to said this, this is an awesome quote. it's right out of "dirty harry" movie. the second part was oh, yeah, crazy at night at my place.
12:38 am
>> it is off the hook. >> when the boss had to mean, i don't get headaches, i gave headaches. i said, oh! let me use out of that. >> that's what his wife said? [laughter] >> you love it, right? >> i am telling you, i love some mad dog. >> at the liquor, the defense secretary. >> both go together. >> that's why he goes to sleep so well. >> how lucky are we to have him? can we take a moment and say, wow, thank god he serves this country so admirably. a very tough job. i sleep well at night. i am happy that he is on top of stuff. >> you look marvelous. >> thanks to the aroma therapy. >> the most impressive thing he has ever said to me, when i asked him what was the biggest threat to the united states today, and he did not say ices or north korea, he said it was the political disunity and
12:39 am
spiritual and intellectual alienation here at home. i think being fed by all the russians. >> are you sure that i was mad dog? >> but that as undermining our ability to fight ices. that's what he was getting at. we can unite, because we are brought on by eight years of president obama. >> what do you think? >> there is some terrific lines, but this one is good too. you can prep your boss for interviews like that, but if they deliver a line coming and he did not practice outline. assuming that he did not know the question was coming that he was able to deliver it like that, you can take the rest of the day off. >> next up, snowflake alert! on sunday, the commencement address at brown university, had a meltdown! >> the country has gone crazy, a movie terms when youol, the coun inspiring, uplifting drama. you are graduating into a tragic
12:40 am
tdumb ass drama. start now so the class of 2018 will graduate into a better world. >> kimberly said, what is wrong with him? >> i don't know. are you still love him, no i have to take it back. take it back. >> he was a very good actor, but there was not a good performance, was it? >> what about you, brown university knocking trump, that is a layup, right? >> i think it was sincere. i don't see anything phony about it, but is it appropriate? i don't know. it is about the kids when you give a graduation speech. i understand that people are upset about trump, but i thought, you know, speak to the kids about their future. >> i think that he wore the hat better than hillary did when she gave the commencement. >> you thought it was a french beret? >> i did. >> imagine what his speech would've been like if hillary won. of course, all of the speeches the whole season would've been different. but i agree, at a graduation what you want to hear is
12:41 am
something inspiring for the kids. they are going to be fine, living in the greatest country that the world is ever known. yes, we have some problems, but they are minor compared to other ones that countries are inheriting. >> but i don't think that brown thinks this is the greatest country of all time. what did you think of robert de niro? >> the most impressive thing about this, he said that the country has turned into a dumb ass comedy. he is talking about himself. when you think about the regular robert de niro comedy is coming and the other ones that i've turned into the dumb ass comedies. he is projecting his own tragic failures coming he has transitioned, his amazing work has transitioned into painful commercials to pay off skills. he is a reverse butterfly. he is doing lowbrow crap. he was talking about himself.
12:42 am
that is the sad part. >> de niro got put on the couch. finally trash tv, nice! >> he says he might not have an auto money, but he has a lot of love, what is going on? >> here is this scrawny obnoxious guy, looking at my women sometimes, and i don't like it so much. >> last week, going to red lobster, bro. philippe [laughter] >> so now democrats are urging jerry springer to get back into politics and run for governor of ohio. he was once the mayor of cincinnati. jerry! jerry! what do you guys think? >> he was your inspiration, wasn't he? for your career. >> now i am on a "the five." >> what does that say about us? >> i don't know. >> what does it say about america, kimberly. >> your party wants him.
12:43 am
>> i don't know, your party has donald trump, so take your pick. the final thing is -- the funny thing is this country with -- he was the mayor of cincinnati, let's be clear. you have to explain what happens when he was the mayor of cincinnati. he wrote a check to the lady of the night. >> donald trump does not do that. >> i think the democrats are mistaken if they think that finding a celebrity is going to be the key, because what president trump has, yes, he had celebrity and the business background, but he had this ability to connect which i do not think jerry springer does. >> jerry springer cannot connect, what you think? >> this is not a good book. he introduced a decade sideshow circus into american pop culture, basically pickled a generation's brain. it was not bad enough sitting at home in the afternoon watching tv, but at least you had soap operas. this is just awful stuff that made you dirty inside.
12:44 am
he has contributed nothing. nothing for culture. >> no, no, this was shakespearean. >> you talk about -- >> i thought a lot of the drama, the human stories, i was fascinated by it. >> while, well, i want to see springer run for governor, i'm going to give them a check so that he has stuff to talk about in the daylight. tiger woods was arrested in florida, details on that stunning news ahead. ♪
12:45 am
12:46 am
12:47 am
12:48 am
♪ >> things aren't going so well for tiger woods, the legendary golfer already expected to miss most of this season after undergoing his fourth back surgery and three years. now he has legal problems too. early yesterday morning citing for driving under the influence after authorities signed him asleep behind the wheel of his mercedes-benz. releasing an apologetic statement saying no alcohol was involved, breathalyzer tests back that up, and saying that he had an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. jesse, you are a golfer? >> not a good golfer.
12:49 am
hard to say that you feel sorry for the richest golfer in the world, but i kind of do. he was on pace to be jack nicholas sends all time major wins. he has had a ton of back surgeries, knee surgery. he obviously has problems with pain medication, and he should have a driver. he does not need to be driving himself, he could hurt himself, hurt somebody else. i just kind of feel bad for the guy. i have to be perfectly honest. >> kimberly, 49 years old -- >> yeah. >> he says he was taking all of his medication, did not realize the impact it would have. he said he was driving from l.a. overtook florida. that is a long drive! >> okay, well, obviously he has a problem chronic pain coming and surgeries, that is well documented. at the press came out and made it sound like drunk driving, still under the influence, but nothing on the breathalyzer. so you do believe him in terms
12:50 am
of, okay, not aware that there was a bad interaction with the medication. that can happen. you have to be careful in terms of if you are taking medication, back surgery, that type of thing to how you react to it. his picture went out, espn kind of photoshopped it. >> the thing on that for a second, a charge to espn, made him look better than the mug shot? >> well, it was better. if you do a side by side. >> to save their heroes image? >> i don't know. maybe the shot looked better. that is the person that did any editing on it, but just a sad appearance for tiger woods, he is one of the world's greatest athletes, and i hope that it's a doctor or somebody can help him in terms of the medication that he is on. if anybody suffers from chronic pain or has surgeries, i have seen people debilitated, it's very hard to manage that in your life. i don't know. i think every day of his life he tries to live up to being that
12:51 am
great golfer, the loss of his father, his marriage, a lot of stuff has happened. >> in fact, i think a lot of the reason that people are having such a strong reaction, he is famous, but a sense of tragedy. >> greek tragedy. >> i don't think that people think, oh, this is a golf story. this is a story about somebody who rose to great heights, whose father pushed him and pushed him and pushed them. and now it looks like he may be falling apart. >> it would be very difficult to live up to those expectations. this is a story that has been playing out in towns all across america, because we have been talking about this prescription drug addition. it can happen to everybody. somebody like tiger woods, and somebody that you have never heard of. what i would suggest to the young fans, the best thing you can do is to pray for him so that he can get the help that he needs. remember that everybody hurts. everybody suffers. and through the grace of god, go you or me. >> rob o'neill in the service family. >> it again when he apologized
12:52 am
to the family, everybody goes back to the sex scandal in 2009? are we unfair to this guy? and kimberly says, this happens. >> it comes with the territory. one and a half drunk driving arrests annually. you do not hear about them because they are not tiger wood tiger woods. so unfortunately, or fortunately, however you want to look at it. these things are the big equalizer. he is no different than any guy you see on the "cops" rerun as they try to pin him in a bush. >> okay, well that did not happen. >> only one club to get him out of this whole coming and it is probably narcotics anonymous or something like that. i do not think the prescription abused question flies. you know, i don't know. it is like, you are out in the middle of the night driving. maybe you are just taking it recreationally, i don't know. >> he had surgery. we do not want to disparage
12:53 am
anyone -- >> i'm okay with her. the use of her pain, but a lot of people don't use it for pain. >> it is a sad story, a man who was her heroic hero too many people. ahh. where are mom and dad? 'saved money on motorcycle insurance with geico! goin' up the country. love mom and dad' i'm takin' a nap. dude, you just woke up! ♪ ♪ i'm goin' up the country, baby don't you wanna go? ♪ ♪ i'm goin' up the country, baby don't you wanna go? ♪ geico motorcycle, great rates for great rides.
12:54 am
12:55 am
12:56 am
♪ >> "one more thing," kimberly. >> thank you, greg, for that.
12:57 am
arianna grande, a great story out of terrible tragedy, she is going to return to manchester to host a benefit concert raising money for the victims of the terror attack that left 22 people died, she is going to be joined by some other huge names, justin bieber, coldplay, miley cyrus, katy perry are also going to perform at the one love manchester event. so anybody who was at last week's concert can attend for free. i think that is very nice. it's going to be an emergency fund set up by the city of manchester and the british red cross. >> all right, time for something new. greg's cowardly news. >> all right, brad turned, i don't know if you know him, a photographer. brad trent.com is his website. i don't know if you can see my guest, he wrote, wow, unless greg gutfeld changed the name of his show to "freak show," he should change his poker. you look at who is there.
12:58 am
you have terrace, the black guy, talking about him. of the white woman, or the person next to him, or is a joey jones, his legs were blown off in afghanistan while serving our country. so i have been asking brad, what freak do you mean? the term freak show goes back a long way. people with oddities, abnormalities, deformities come i'm trying to figure out what he was figuring out. he has blocked his tweets, because he is a coward. he has not apologized. he did this on memorial day. i think he is a scumbag. brad trent has a website, if you like. >> he needs one of those apologies like kathy griffin, so the reliever of the giants, drilled washington nationals bryce harper. >> and he hits harbor. and harper is going to go out.
12:59 am
and now we have a scene. >> first of all, through some punches, and his helmet. i don't know where that went, but harbor is suspended four games. strickland six. >> he was going after him, by the way. >> and you know what the story is there, buster posey, the catcher, nothing. >> while you lost your one more thing, because now, dana. i just want to say," and putting together something about tennis, a new novel out, his third novel, called "trophy son," even if you do not like tennis, it is a page turner. and i have a picture of me playing tennis this weekend. everybody help me this weekend, and josh was there as well. >> very good tennis player. >> everybody returning 100 usa, the most engineers coming on one of our colleagues, wendy dog and her grandmother irene caldwell, 100 today. in arizona, born in iowa.
1:00 am
1917, interests. inspiration because she was working her whole life. of the family celebrated with mexican food, because that is what she wanted. >> i am bret baier. north korea wants to send a nuclear weapons across thousands of miles. a missile intercepted a missile today in a dress reharsal for a north korea attack on u.s. territory. this test was long planned, but it send a message that the u.s. is stepping up efforts to defend the u.s. homeland from north korea. live at

36 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on